Valentine’s Day week was actually quite interesting for me. I learned a few things, including you should not leave roses out if you have a young kitten around (she destroyed an entire set). I also learned that people really love complaining about the price of bank services, as I learned when I cut loose on TD about their jacking up their fees for Safety Deposit Boxes and seeing the reaction from my readers (wow, didn’t know you folks were that passionate about your financial safe places). Maybe everyone has porno movies or dark secrets hiding in those boxes (as Hollywood seems to imply).
We also seem to be going into another European funk, with Greece spiraling further down the financial whirlpool. Let’s hope this does not keep up all year.
On my twitter feed I found some of my favorite “oldie but goody” posts, including:
- Two great videos about The Great Depression and How Money is Made (both from the National Film Board). I grew up near the NFB offices in Montreal so it holds a special place for me.
- Lent begins very soon so I made sure I included Sunday Thought: Lent is Coming. Are you prepared?
- I may dislike the fee increase but I do agree with The Safety Deposit Box: Our Financial Friend, as well.
- My love of “taking the piss out of something” continues on with Financial Valentines Day, where I have a poke at “Love Day”.
- Remember it is possible to get Free Banking, but you must be willing to ask for it.
- A couple of years back I hosted the Carnival of Personal Finance and it overlapped with Family Day, so I figured that might be a fun re-read.
- I remembered an old friend with a Parable About Advice: Not just Financial, I remember him but I also remember how bad I felt when he followed my advice.
Enjoy your Sunday, no video today, maybe I’ll find one during the week.