Yes, this whole Canadians are Monetarily Stupid theme has grown legs and has certainly helped up my readership numbers a fair amount (as it has for others too). Given it has been “on the table for a while” (heck one of my faves Gail Vaz Oxlade has made a whole TV series around the concept) it’s interesting to see folks love to kick Canadians (when they are down), but not give concrete ideas on how it should be fixed (no a Government solution will not be forthcoming, all of that will be CUT in the next week or two, thanks to the coming chainsaw Federal Cutbacks (more on this in the coming week)).
Happy St. Patrick’s Day (a day late) for my Irish friends, but I celebrated by watching Wales win the 6-Nations cup by beating La France (I guess Les Gallois a defi Les Gaulois?). It might help you to understand that Saint-Patrick was actually born in Wales, where all good Saints are born. Hope your hang over isn’t too bad (remember it is still Lent).
In Ottawa the weather is completely bonkers with Sunshine and heat, and not a lick of snow to be found. There is even talk of Golf courses opening if this keeps up (now that is a Green I like to hear about).
On my Twitter feed this week, I had a lot of my old favorites, but I am also salting in some of the articles I am reading for my French training as well (so now it is a marginally bilingual feed as well):
- How do you steer an elephant, is an important question to ask when you have a very large financial problem that you can’t seem to get under control.
- As usual I feel it is important to remember where we have been so the Employment Numbers from February 2011 are included for your archival reading.
- One of my first articles wondered If I put $1000 a year Away for My Kids, what would happen? I gave a quick mathematical outline on that one, it seems to have come to pass.
- Going back 6 years I found an articles with actual numbers from the University of Waterloo about the Cost of University Education in Canada. Actually numbers are still pretty accurate.
- Remembering one of my more risqué posts with Financial Bondage, where I outlined the fun you can have when you make sexual double entendres when you are talking about money.
- To honour the Carleton Ravens winning the CIS basketball championship (again), I found a post from my first year, Don’t Pass it to the Other Team, which is great advice during March Madness too!
Enjoy the lovely weather, it is still March, so snow is still possible (in some areas), and hopefully your hangover isn’t too bad either.