To all my Matriarchal Readers and Mothers everywhere, Happy Mother’s Day! Hope you are enjoying your day, and if you are a Father, remember the argument “You are not my Mother”, is a dangerous game to play (speaking as someone who foolishly made that statement one Mother’s Day).
As a Montrealer (who lives in Ottawa), I was appalled to see the Metro under attack (OK, with smoke bombs) and shutting down the system for 3 hours. I have no idea who is behind this, and who(m)ever is, I hope the book is thrown at them, but it remains to be seen who will claim responsibility.
This past week I ranted a fair amount about identity theft and such (having had my wife’s bank card cloned (again)), but my Twitter Feed had a bunch of older posts in some other interesting themes as well:
- My humorous post about Old Bar B Q’s and Flames, points out that you should either maintain your old Bar B Q or replace it when it looks dead (or you might have some big problems).
- More Fun with Credit Cards, where I suggest an old trick (my brother told me about from his MBA class).
- Remember that as a Pure Laine Quebecois (ok tete carre aussi) I can invoke C’est la faut du Federal at any time, it will be true.
- It’s not very nice to ask, however, are Canadians Financially Stupid? Actually most bloggers seem to think it is true?
- I didn’t post this one, but it’s something someone should read A Mind of My Own, by our friend Gail Vaz-Oxlade.