Yes my Union Brothers let us celebrate the Workers control of the means of production, Happy Labour Day to all my hard-working brother and sisters. Sorry, it’s in my contract I have to write that.
Let us celebrate the worker today, who on their back Canada was built:
- Our hard-working farmers, and the workers on farms (many times migrant workers), without them, we do not eat!
- The factory worker who builds your stoves, fridges and even computers (yes some of them are still built-in Canada).
- The cooks, servers, and cleaning staffs at all those restaurants we frequent, not a great job to have, but I appreciate your hard work.
- The service workers who work in our banks, stores, cinemas, etc., etc.,, but also the new age service folks who answer the phones on the help lines (no not all of them are in India, my daughter works in a call center). Hard jobs, because you have to deal with hot-headed customers (like me sometimes).
- And all my other working brothers and sisters, I say thank you and enjoy your day off (if you do, in fact, get the day off).
Labour day doesn’t have anything to do with Communism or the like, it is about Workers and today we should celebrate all their hard work!