OK, I am on a tear now, so let’s keep going on where squandering your money should stop.
One online poker company is going public and figures they can raise 8.4B dollars. Pardon? A group of computers with crappy random number generators, some ethernet cards, a database and an ability to take money out of credit cards is worth $8.4B ? This is a funny old world we live in. High Tech and Big Business is moving into more and more areas that used to be the bread and butter for organized crime (e.g. Las Vegas, Pornography, Loan Sharking (i.e. Credit Cards) and now Gambling on line), wow, I just don’t get it.
Government run Casinos, are losing business to on line gambling. Read that one again, that’s like feeling sorry for the Tiger Sharks because the Great Whites are getting all the good food! These guys take people’s money, they ruin lives, which then puts these people in need of help from the Government, who in turn, increases your taxes! Get it?!?
Stay away from Video Poker, play ball with your kids, play Canasta with some seniors, play squash, do something CREATIVE, but leave this blood-sucking business to folks who don’t care about their money! I beg of you
Lotteries are for Suckers
For those of you who enjoy lotteries, may I ask you to please just send me 10% of the money you spend on it. This way at least I can be solvent and you guys can flush your money down the toilet.
Tough words? Well I worked in the lottery business for a while (I’ve worked in a lot of the 7 deadly sins, but that is for another day) and there are three folks who make money on Lotteries:
- The People who run the lottery, but governments don’t let you do that
- The people who print the lottery tickets (but they make a lot less than the lottery owner)
- The people who SELL the lottery tickets
For my regular readers, yes I have ranted about this before, but now I am noticing more people wasting their money on lotteries and hoping they can retire with their winnings. What the government doesn’t take enough of your money, you enjoy throwing it out of the window?
You feel you MUST spend your money here are some ideas on where to put your money:
- A charity, that way you get 10-20% of it back in tax credits
- Me, I can use the money, honest (there is a Paypal donation button on this site somewhere)
- Pay your credit card debt with it, then you are saving 19% a year!
- Buy your kids a savings bond, for their education, or put money in an RESP or RRSP
I beg of you, stop squandering your money on this stuff!