To my friends and family down south, hope you are enjoying this pre-Black Friday festival, allegedly yesterday was the biggest travel day in the U.S., so hopefully you all got there in one piece, safely and are now enjoying the Thanksgiving traditions of gluttony and football (which go together well).
Thanksgiving seems to be a secondary thing now, as this is the prelude to Black Friday, traditionally the day when money is spent by normally frugal folks, much like drunken sailors on furlough blew their money when they got into port.
What is interesting is the pre-Black Friday sales, and the on-line sales is the competition to get that one great deal. Why are people lining up outside of the Mortar and Brick stores, when they could simply be sitting at their lap top, sipping egg nog and waiting for the sales to appear? Never was a big fan of Boxing Day sales or Black Friday, and certainly wouldn’t stand in line in the cold for it either.
Let’s Be Thankful
So what am I thankful for this year? I should really have done this post for Canadian Thanksgiving, however, I was too busy enjoying myself, so I will take advantage of this non-holiday in Canada to show my gratitude for some things this year:
- So far I have still completed my bucket list by remaining alive, hopefully, that will continue on forever, so I am thankful for that.
- I am thankful for Mrs. C8j and all the things she does for me. She does things for you guys too (she tends to spell check and grammar check my posts, which means sometimes my posts change mid-day, due to her diligence, making sure my writings make some sense)
- I am thankful for my family, and my friends.
- Gratitude to my financial blogging brethren who continue to give me great ideas: Michael James, Preet Banerjee, Canadian Capitalist, Blunt Bean Counter, My Own Advisor, Gail Vaz-Oxlade, Glenn Cooke and Larry MacDonald.
- Thank you NHL and NHLPA, thanks to your continued impasse, I have been able to find time to do a lot of things that I have been putting off. If this lock out continues, I might actually get back to page 1 on my “To Do” list.
- Thanks to my twitter posse for hanging around, interesting that I passed 13,000 tweets this week, what exactly have I been saying?
- Thank you to Google for reinstating the Page Rank for this page, if they hadn’t given me the slap down to Zero, I wouldn’t have worked on revamping the site (which is still on going).
- Finally, thanks to you gentle reader while I at times complain and kvetch about various things in life, I appreciate you folks checking in and seeing what I might write about next.
Enjoy Thanksgiving, or simply enjoy the day!