Normally, I view buying extended warranties as a “mug’s game”, and are not worth the money you pay, but when my mechanic said, “You should get the extended warranty” after he put my snow tires on, I took his advice.
I have stated before if you can find the following professionals and trust them, you are doing well:
- Financial Planner
- General Home Contractor/Plumber
Now the financial planner one, remember, as with all professionals get recommendations from people you know and TRUST! They should not be insulted if you ask for referrals, and if you don’t know the person doing the referral, then find someone you do know. You are giving this person free reign with your finances, so you had better trust them!
- Warranties? why would you get one? Maybe you just need a good support structure?
- Warranties (Part ii) for cars? Are extended warranties worth the money? Yes, in my case.
- Warranties (again) are they worth having? More discussions on that topic.
- Warranties and Computers – should you really pay for this? I don’t but I can usually repair it myself, except Apple products.
- Warranties a Final Thought – what parameters should you consider in your decision
- Extended Warranties: An Update explains why the extended warranty on my van saved me.