Happy Father’s day to all the Dads out there, hope your kids at least did a “Wassup? Happy Dad’s Day. Can I borrow the car?”, or something similar to that (Dads understand what I mean). It is a little melancholy for me as it is my second Dad’s Day without my Dad, but I will choose to remember him and celebrate him (his sense of humor and all the things he did for me).
Hopefully you all at least called your Dad? Bought him a tie? You don’t have to do much, but do something, just so he knows you appreciate him.
On my world-famous twitter feed (well not yet, but maybe soon), you missed me rehash many of my favorite old posts, many pointing out the importance of Dads:
- Can you have fun with frugality? Well the video attached to Humor: Frugality is Good is still pretty funny.
- The Frantics are an under appreciated Canadian Comedy Troup who brought us many memorable laughs including the video included in Banking Shenanigans (Boot to the Head), and if you don’t like it, watch out for a boot to the head.
- Given I flew this week I found an old rant about the cost of Flying: Death by a Thousand Charges, and yes I got ticked with those again this time.
- Remembering my Dad I remembered him with Advice: Best Financial Advice Ever Received, which I still remember fondly.
- Given we were on the topic of advice I found A parable about Advice (and the dangers of giving out advice).
- Seemed to have started a Twitter storm with RRSP or Mortgage, when a reader derided how my numbers were out of date and that I should remain current, oh well.
- Where were you in 1967 is another NFB short about Expo 67, another important thing I associate my Dad with.
Do you need a Father’s Day video? How about a talk from Ted by Sarah Kaminsky: My father the forger, now does that not sound cool?