Yes, I have talked about this a lot over the past 8 years, but I did find an excellent article in the Globe and Mail’s Canadian University Report entitled:
This bursts a lot of the bubbles about the every increasing costs with Post Secondary education. Lots of great points about the ever-increasing tuition costs and how they may increase in the future, but lots of other really important points about:
- Additional fees that are almost as bad as the airline industry for added leaching fees
- Costs of residence and living away from home
- Costs of Books and such too
If you didn’t see the hard copy in the Globe and Mail, read it on-line if you are hoping to go to University or you hope to send your kids to University.
Remember some of my finest rants about this as well:
- RESP you realize it is only going to pay for tuition (if you are lucky)
- University Costs, HOLY CRAP!
- University Costs Up? Really I didn’t notice
If you want more of my rants, run a search on my site (it’s in the right column) for University Costs.