One day I will inventory the few Podcasts I have been a guest on. Here is a list of good money podcasts, however, there are others out there as well. Great listens while commuting or when you have spare time.
For those who didn’t notice, I am on the Debt Free in 30 Podcast with Doug Hoyes this past weekend. We discussed my Job Search at Age 47 (see Job Search on Menu now a new item). It was a great deal of fun chatting with Doug, who has a book out as well (Straight Talk on Your Money, Amazon link). I actually learned a great deal chatting with Doug (off mic) so for me it was a fun experience. Doug’s understanding of the Bankruptcy laws puts him in a very unique position. Rumor has it I may be on again some time soon.
As usual I don’t stay on topic, and I answer the important question, why am I not a Media Whore? OK, Doug didn’t answer that question exactly, but I do give an answer to that question.
That is the second Podcast I have done. I was one of the first guests on Preet B’s money podcast, Mostly Money (episode 4). It is always fun to chat with folks about money, especially folks who know the topic well. Best line of the day, “We are all 3 pay cheques from living on the streets“, and Doug saying, “Less than that!”.
Are there other Good Money Podcasts that I listen to? Plenty, my biggest problem is finding time to listen to them all. I listen typically in my car, but also if I take the bus to work as well (when I am not listening to Audiobooks).
- Dan Bartoloti (friend of this site) has an investing podcast the Canadian Couch Potato which has a lot of great investing advice. Dan’s web site is also great, surprisingly called the Canadian Couch Potato as well.
Dave Ramsey Podcast is a good across the board type of money podcast. I must admit I don’t listen to every one, but I have listened to a few of his episodes.
- The More Money for Beer podcast was great, but it seems to have gone into media limbo, but the last one was a chat with Robert Browne (always entertaining).
- The Maple Money Show with our friend Tom Drake is a broad topic money podcast, with helpful tips.
- Money Saver Podcast is another fun listen to help you out financially.
- Moolala: Money made simple with Bruce Sellers is also an enjoyable listen on many money topics.
There are many others, if you want to leave a comment with other Money Podcasts, I will check them out. Doug’s book is also available as an Audiobook (as most folks know who send me books, I am not a big reader).
Other Sitings Likely ?
Will I be on other podcasts and such? I am always available to flap my gums about most topics, and available for Bar Mitzvahs, Weddings and Family Reunions (try the veal, it’s to die for).