Finally a long weekend, it has been months since Easter (ok it feels like that), and we finally get our long weekend in, whoo hoo! It has been an interesting week (read tomorrow’s humorous story about why I am buying a new Bar B Q for more fun).
Lots of great posts across the board from my regular readings and some of my postings, let us recap:
- I resurrected one of my favorite humorous posting about The High Price of Daycare and Alternatives, which makes me laugh every time I watch it (thanks the Onion).
- On Sunday we found out that if I had to pay my wife, I’d have to get a second job, because as a Mother I cannot Afford her.
- The Canadian Capitalist wrote about The High Price of Eating Out, but more importantly how more people are eating out. I remember when my parents took us out to dinner it was a special occasion, not to my kids.
- Should I join a Credit Union just to avoid service charges, read the comments, it’s pretty entertaining.
- Michael James wrote about MER the Gift that Keeps on Giving for your mutual funds. You must read this just to understand how much you are spending to “save”.
- What does a Shredder have to do with Personal Finance? Read the article and see.
- I added Gail Vaz Oxlade to my Financial Bloggers list, this is the lady from ’til Debt Do Us Part (with the mason jar budgeting system), very interesting reads.
- I started to get up on my soapbox espousing my views in Computers: Another Great Financial Tool , and then topped it off with Security the Most Important Financial Concept where I went off the deep end talking about computer security. Sorry folks, when I get on my home turf (i.e. High Tech) I get a little wacky.
- Ellen Roseman answered a lot of questions this week, well worth a read to see what folks are asking her.
- Loonies and Sense resurfaced as well with an Apologetic Post this week as well.
All in all a good week of reading and research. Enjoy your long weekend, buy a hammock and lie out in the sunshine (with SPF 50 on).