Top 10 Excuses for Being in Debt
While the topic of debt and debt reduction is deadly serious stuff, we can poke fun at it (at least I can).
Top 10 Excuses ?
Some of the reasons I have read and heard about why people get into debt (with my tongue firmly pressed in my cheek):
- It’s glandular (also the ever popular, I’m not in debt, I just have a small wallet)
- I was supposed to open those letters from the Credit Card company? I thought they were just more advertisements from them.
- All my money disappeared when I bought a new mattress and forget I’d left my money in my old mattress
- I decided that if I was going to buy a car, I should buy the best car, who knew a Ferrari could cost so much?
- I’m not in debt, I plan on winning the lottery and paying it all off , but until then, I will just pay the interest.
- It’s not debt if you have enough money to pay everything off, it’s just all tied up in my investments in Nortel and Ford.
- I only have good debt, so that is OK. Unfortunately I heard this from a guy who had student loans that were over $100K because he wouldn’t ever leave school. The concept of Good Debt, is much like having Good Gun Shot wounds
- I was a victim of identity theft, but I just haven’t reported it yet. That’s along the lines of the bad joke: My spouse’s credit card was stolen, but I haven’t reported it yet because the thief is spending less than my spouse did
- The only reason I am in debt is because I owe more money than I currently have. I’ll take D’UH! for $1200 please Alex.
- I don’t know, it just happened. Unfortunately, this one is not as humorous, because it is too true.
Any other crass or humor-like excuses that could be added to this list?