Yes, even I take holidays (my wife doesn’t believe that, but I do). Happy Civic Holiday Ontario.
Today is the Holiday with No Name in Ontario, but some of the other names I have seen it called:
- Civic Holiday, boy that shows a lot of imagination, doesn’t it?
- August Bank Holiday, I like that one because it has a UK feel to it.
- Colonel By Day, after the chap that helped build Ottawa and the Rideau Canal
- Simcoe Days, for those living around the lake
- Aaahh crap, why did I come into the Office, it’s a Holiday! Day, yes I know someone who went into the office for one of these and said those exact words.
- Only 1 Month ’til School Starts Day! OK, I made that one up but it is true.
Loblaws seems to be open today (as my daughter has a shift working there), so if the stores are open, have at it folks, let the back to school carnage begin!!!