Yes, even I take holidays (my wife doesn’t believe that, but I do). Happy Civic Holiday Ontario.
Today is the Holiday with No Name in Ontario, but some of the other names I have seen it called:
- Civic Holiday, boy that shows a lot of imagination, doesn’t it?
- August Bank Holiday, I like that one because it has a UK feel to it.
- Colonel By Day, after the chap that helped build Ottawa and the Rideau Canal
- Simcoe Days, for those living around the lake
- Aaahh crap, why did I come into the Office, it’s a Holiday! Day, yes I know someone who went into the office for one of these and said those exact words.
- Only 1 Month ’til School Starts Day! OK, I made that one up but it is true.
Loblaws seems to be open today (as my daughter has a shift working there), so if the stores are open, have at it folks, let the back to school carnage begin!!!
Awww you guys have such cool holidays in Canada!
Cool wouldn’t be the word I would use, but functional is true.