That Idea is Dumber Than Snake Mittens
I have a Dilbert calendar in my office, and this month’s cartoon has the punch line that you can read on the title of this post, and it is an astoundingly good one-liner. The concept of Snake Mittens is so wrong, it would seem an impossibility that anyone would think this was a good idea, but I bet there is someone out there saying, “That isn’t such a far-fetched idea”, and that kind of thinking is what has got the world’s financial environment to where it is today.
There have been many great Snake Mitten-like ideas down the ages that we can all point at and wonder what people were thinking about like:
- The great Dutch Tulip Mania of the 1600’s where tulip bulbs were almost more valuable than Gold (Au), what were they thinking?
- The selling of the Brooklyn Bridge or Florida Swampland futures, and how many folks fell for that scam
- BreX and how many folks lost their life savings on a Junior Mining stock.
- The Internet Bubble of the late 90’s
- All of the latest Cryptocurrency stuff
There are a plethora more of these foolish ideas, but it just shows that no matter how far-fetched an idea might be, someone may think it’s a good idea financially.
So without further wait, here is a Top 10 List Just for you Snake Mitten lovers
Big C8j’s Top 10 Dumber than Snake Mitten Financial Actions
Yup, these are mean-spirited, shallow, nasty and contrived, all the things that make up all the best Top 10 Lists.
- Carrying a balance on your Store Credit Card (or any Credit Card)
- Using a Pay Day Loan company
- Buying Mutual Funds with High MERs
- Believing in the concept of Good Debt thus not paying off any debt
- Giving your money to an Investment Councilor who claims they can outperform the Stock Market all the time
- Buying lottery tickets as your retirement plans
- Full Life Insurance, ’nuff said
- Hiding Money from your Spouse (or not talking to your spouse about money)
- Going on Buying Sprees and then Hiding Your purchases from your spouse
- Buying more: Car, House, Electronic Gadget, etc., than you can afford.
Does anybody care to Kibitz or add more to this list? Please feel free. If anyone can tell me where I can get some Snake Mittens, that would be nice too.