Another lazier week for the summer, with many ups and downs on the market, and new services being offered to entice new customers to leave their existing financial services supplier. As the new school year looms on the horizon, many folks are also looking at the impending orgy of spending that Back To School always brings (I look forward to the day when the Labour Day Weekend simply is a long weekend, and not a reason to drive long distances and spend copious amounts of cash).
I wrote about Enbridge and Bill Shenanigans, Rudeness from Door to Door Sales Droids, My Big Fat Wallet, and Ideas that are Dumber Than Snake Mittens. My video Saturday post was very off topic, but still lots of fun from the NFB, The Cat Came Back (a good reason to have house insurance).
Other posts from other great Financial Minds that caught my eyes include:
- For those of you with RESPs, Money.Smarts Blog has a very good post about 8 Things You Need to Know About Withdrawing Money from Your RESP. Very informational and some good stuff there.
- Michael James does an interesting case study (with real numbers) of the Cost of an Inground Pool, I must admit I have swam in it, and it is a very nice pool, for full disclosure concerns.
- Larry MacDonald thinks aloud about whether ManuLife Stock is a Contrarian Buy? Interesting theory, but Larry is really just kibitzing for now.
- Million Dollar Journey gives us advice on Hos to Save Money When Eating out, but does point out that you shouldn’t be eating out a lot (better advice in my opinion).
- Preet becomes reflective in My Thoughts on the “Interview With a Marked Man”, where he highlights his concerns about the Marked Man’s theories.
- A new site Boomer and Echo write about Confessions: My Financial Sins, always cathartic to write about our mistakes.
Remember that I also micro-blog on Twitter, where you can see a whole plethora of good articles and pithy comments by me as well. Twitter feed where I retweet many great articles by some of my featured writers (and make the occasional odd or off colour commentary on life (in 140 characters or less)).
Finally remember that this site is iPhone Friendly (and Android & iPod Touch Friendly), enjoy it on the go, in a readable format for the device. If you are reading with an iPhone or Android device, drop me a comment and tell me if this needs any improvements