Another interesting week and with Back to School in full swing lots of talk about going back to school and the costs of this Most Wonderful Time of the Year (to quote a large retailer).
As for me I spent the week writing about: How the HST is Inflationary Too, Fun Burning Things, Fun Advice for University Frosh, and new RESP Wrinkles. The Frosh advice is legitimately some of the best advice I have ever received, but you might not want to give it to your kids. I even remember, in my day, listening to some Bachman And Turner while using that advice.
What did the other Bloggers of Personal Finance and Investments write about this week?
- Money.Smarts started my journey on RESPs this week with 8 Things You Need to Know about Withdrawing Money From your RESP Account, well worth a read if you are thinking about RESPs, they are becoming more a Save-Only account, it seems.
- A Shocking Only 6% of Bogus Credit Card Charges are Challenged post by Michael James caused me to scurry over and check out my latest monthly credit card statement. Remember this is an important thing to do every month.
- Some good Dividend ETF’s You Might Ask, look no further than the Canadian Couch Potato.
- The Canadian Capitalist gives us a reminder to those who hire folks to work with their Kids or Elderly Parents you must have Payroll for Employers of Caregivers to keep track of the CPP you MUST deduct from those fees.
- Larry MacDonald gave me another reason why All in All I’d Rather NOT be in Philadelphia, taxing bloggers? WTF?
- Preet let’s us in on a Special Cell Phone Data deal he has wangled for those who are interested. Not only is he a Media Maven, he is now “The Guy” to talk to about getting deals too!
- Boomer (of Boomer and Echo) goes out on a limb and publishes his Short Term Goals, I can never do this because I am too much of a chicken.
- You can blackmail a blogger, evidently yes, Lazy Man and Money is Being Blackmailed by MonaVie ? Extortion in Blogging, wow, this world is getting weirder.
- Million Dollar Journey points out there can be a Downside to Owning REITs .
- My new favorite non-money web site is Hanzi Smatter where folks submit their tatoos for interpretation, it has to be read to be believed.
Remember that I also micro-blog on Twitter, where you can see a whole plethora of good articles and pithy comments by me as well. Twitter feed where I re-tweet many great articles by some of my featured writers (and make the occasional odd or off colour commentary on life (in 140 characters or less)).
Finally remember that this site is iPhone Friendly (and Android & iPod Touch Friendly), enjoy it on the go, in a readable format for the device. If you are reading with an iPhone or Android device, drop me a comment and tell me if this needs any improvements