Yes, it is Labour Day Monday, up with the proletariat, down with the oppressive bourgeoisie, but given that I was on the road most of this past weekend, you are getting my Sunday post today (I can hear you all clapping with glee). Yes, it was back to school for most of my family this past weekend, with my son being the only one remaining around the house.
Tomorrow mes amis Quebecois vote, and it could mean for contre temps in the Canadian Political Spectrum, which is always fun for bloggers and the “mainstream news media” as well. There is already talk of another Anglo-exodus and housing prices dropping in Quebec (could it be another 1976? I doubt it, but it won’t stop folks inferring it).
Thalidomide maker apologizes for what it did 50 years ago? All I can say is FINALLY!
If you are one of my TWEEPS then you are cognizant of the brilliant banter on my feed, however there may be a few of you who missed out on some of the best tweets of the week:
- Wallet bloat is a real problem for men I showed off my old wallet with What do you mean you don’t take…
- OK My Man points out one of the things I loath, which is folks who don’t know me calling me by my first name (without asking if it is OK first).
- In my life sometimes there are too many Financial Deadlines, and you need to plan for them.
- And speaking of planning if it’s not written down, how do you know what your plan is, or how to execute it?
- Why I don’t go into TD Branches, explains yet another exciting scenario that happened a while ago in my TD Branch.
- What else happens in TD Branches? Read RESP: and more Tree Dies, and read how the forestry industry loves TD’s use of paper forms!
Here is a Labour Day Present from the Khan Academy (as seen on 60 minutes) as well, explaining what LIBOR is: