As my regular readers know, I have a great dislike for Guest Posts, however, I do allow for a few, especially those offered up by someone I sleep with (yes Mrs. C8j). She ran into quite a quandary doing something she has done many times before, and assumed it would be quite simple, or maybe not?
It shouldn’t be this hard, should it??
I do consider myself savvy in the hotel booking process.Â After 6 years of booking hotel rooms for many teams, for basketball tournaments, I thought I was ready for the process.Â In my attempts to book a hotel online, I found many twists and turns in the road.
History: Lovely Cajun daughter (LCD) #2 sent us a text saying she has applied to graduate from school, and graduation â€œweekendâ€ will be May 9th to 12th.Â Her ceremony will be on Monday, May 12th but events are planned all weekend.Â (Apparently, itâ€™s a lovely way to spend Motherâ€™s day). Â Unfortunately, we missed the memo about booking some kind of lodging for that weekend long before you know you will graduate.
The simple steps to do this should be:
- Â Google â€œhotels near Wolfville, Nova Scotia, multiple websites and pages appear.Â Hmmm, enter the dates you want.Â I enter the seemingly famous weekend, â€œThere are NO rooms available for those dates, do you want to expand your search.â€Â OK, letâ€™s go outside of Wolfville.Â Found some in Windsor, but donâ€™t know how far that isâ€¦â€¦..Hereâ€™s one, HOW MUCH??Â OH, by the way, that one weekend is HIGH season in the middle of mid-season.Â After much back and forth between the BCM and myself, I relent and book a room with two double beds.Â (for potentially 4 of us, but better than nothing)
- Text LCD and tell her we have a room, by the way, â€œhow far is Windsor?â€Â Oh, not far, maybe 20 min.Â Hmm, time to look at rooms there again.
- A different hotel in Windsor looks great, bigger room, bigger beds, breakfast, pool with water slide for Big Cajun Son (just in case he comes)
- Expedia’s site gives me a reasonable price, that is cheaper than the first Inn.Â I enter all pertinent info, press book and voila, print confirmation and cancel room at the first Hotel (see step 1).
- HOLD ON, What do you mean I just paid IN FULL for 3 nights. CRAP!
Cancel reservation on Expedia for Super Pi Hotel Print cancellation confirmation
- Letâ€™s try booking through the hotel, type Super Pi Hotel in Windsor NS into Google, find site. OK, re-enter all info, find the same room, seems to be 1 dollar more per night, OK I guess. Press book, wait for confirmation emailâ€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.HOLD ON, what do you mean you are charging me in American funds, what is going on??? Turns out Iâ€™m not on the OFFICIAL Super Pi Hotel Web site, just one that looks like itâ€¦â€¦.
- Cancel Booking (again!!!!) print out cancellation confirmation. Big Cajun Husband now believes I am incompetent (not really, I think I was actually chuckling and trying not to have a laptop computer hurled at me).
- Google Super Pi Hotel again, after a few wrong turns find the OFFICIAL site. Enter dates, info, CAA number, the room got even cheaper, yeah! We even decided to book an extra night. Re-enter credit card number totally expecting Master Card to freeze my card. Press book, get confirmation, print out, put in â€œsafe placeâ€.
Now we have to decide and figure out how we are getting there, hopefully itâ€™s not this exciting.
For those husbands reading this who are thinking, “I could do better”, I dare you to say that a loud to your wife after she has done something similar. Yes there is no such thing as the Super Pi Hotel chain, however if you replace Pi with say a number between 7 and 9 you might have the real Hotel Chain name.