She shopped in establishments where:
- There was a great deal of grumbling about using cash for payment.
- A few places that refused cash
- Most places assumed she was paying with credit or debit. They already had the machine ready before she had the cash out of her wallet.
- One place where the cashier was unable to recognize coins by site. They had to look at the “Two-nee” and the Loony to determine how much each was worth.
I attempted to deposit coins at two different banks and was told:
- At Scotiabank, I can’t deposit coins in my Tangerine account. I can only deposit bills at the Scotiabank ATM.
- TD only allows me to use their “counting machine,” which also seems to have a service fee.
There is talk of the War on Christmas, but no one talks about the War on Cash.