What could possibly be interesting at a meeting of a bunch of Personal Finance folks? I am not sure, but I am going to go and find out this weekend at CPFC15. I am hoping I will meet with my peers and they will enlighten me on why I work for slave wages, yet I continue to be a 6 Figure Blogger as well. My guess is I will get to make some new acquaintances, and possibly watch a lot of Blue Jays games in various bars around Toronto.
Election Day is Monday, and the country’s long painful journey may finally be over (for now). Remember you really do need to go vote or you really have no reason to complain. I am not sure if I have made up my mind for Monday, but that still does not mean that Mr. Pollster (who calls me every night) will ever hear of my decision. My suspicion continues to be that we will be voting again some time next year to resolve the “dead heat” that may occur on Monday.
If the Liberals get into power, how are they going to “roll back” that TFSA limit? Going to be quite interesting, no matter how you slice it.
It seems Toronto will be rocking this weekend, but not just with out of control Personal Finance folks, with the Blue Jays making it to the AL Championship Series (after one of the more interesting games I have ever watched (and I have been watching for over 44 years)).
My Writings for Week Ending October 16th
The Thanksgiving weekend gave me some time to dust off a few old ideas and catch up on a little bit of writing as well.
- Turkey Election Talk and Money Tweets for the Week, highlighted some of the fun tweets about money and the election this week.
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 allowed me to trot out one of my favorite turkey pictures, and yes that was a bird cooked by the fine Mrs. C8j (and that bacon, mmm….)
- Stats Canada keeps adding interesting data that no one on the campaign trail seems to want to talk about with More Working but also Unemployed in September, how can you have more working and unemployed? Read and find out.
- Are Robo-Advisors a God Send to Investing ? They could be, but there is a need for clarity and maybe some more regulations.
- On the sister publication to this site another interesting security awareness article iOS Naughtiness and Security Tweets of the week.
Facebook Post of the Week
A warning that we should all heed, the aging baby boomers are going to need support, will our social safety net withstand this kind of pressure ?