Yes, Mark at My Own Advisor is in 7th Hockey Heaven, and most of the City of Ottawa is celebrating about the Senators improbable playoff run. They lose their two best goalies, bring up a guy who was not very good in the AHL (and allegedly was thinking of retiring) and they now are in the middle of a very exciting playoff fight. Will they succeed? Hey, I can’t predict stocks to buy, why would I be able to prognosticate hockey games? I will watch closely though.
Ottawa is also agog about another Senator, the Patrick Duffy trial continues on with more defecating elephants (figuratively speaking) than Barnum and Bailey’s Circus. This is going to get ugly in terms of mud-slinging, and the interesting part for me is that Mr. Duffy will start receiving his salary as a Senator again (if he isn’t somehow unseated) the day after the Federal Election is called. I think your best financial plan for retirement, is to become a Senator.
Congrats to the Duke Blue Devils on winning the NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship, excellent game, well worth watching. A brick bat to Bo Ryan Coach of Wisconsin for complaining about the officiating and “one and out” players, no place for that kind of talk coach, you are training men about life.
Seems we will have a deficit-free budget this year, but how this was all balanced is another more interesting story.
Retire Rich 2015 happened on Wednesday, and it was fun to watch the Twitter feeds from there with some of the more helpful statements included, naturally, I jumped in with my own helpful hints as well. Note that Preet’s theory of a perfect financial life is the same design that Lotus F1 cars were designed with (cross the finish line, win the race and then fall to pieces).
— Big Cajun Man (aw) (@bigcajunman) April 9, 2015
My Writings for Week Ending April 10th
Wonder if McDonald’s will resurrect the Hamburgler character in their ads? Didn’t have a “best of” last week so let’s review a bunch of older stuff from me:
- Having a little too much fun with my daughter’s Student Line of Credit, which isn’t really set up quite right, do these banks know who I am, and want me to write about them?
- Had a little April Fools fun, which coincided with a lovely N.C.F.B.A. dinner out with Active Investors Fight Back, didn’t happen, but Preet is getting quite vocal on social media about things.
- It was World Autism Awareness day on April 2nd, or as we call it around the C8j house, Thursday (it is also one of my daughter’s birthday).
- Given I have an iPad, I find the lack of iPad Compatible Banking Apps to be quite annoying (some banks have them, while others rely on their iPhone app, which is not really the same).
- I did learn something on the weekend about Lottery Tickets and Credit Card Cash Advances, I guess I am glad I don’t go to the Casino.
Asked Tangerine (who does have an iPad compatible app) about why they don’t have a Personal Line of Credit, got this answer
@bigcajunman While we're planning on launching a Credit Card later this year, no plans for a Line of Credit just yet. Stay tuned for details
— Tangerine Help (@TangerineHelps) April 7, 2015