The three year marathon that was the U.S. Federal election ’08 has finally completed and we can get back to normal, but unfortunately as we can see from a cursory read of some of the Financial Blogs around, what is Normal any more? Oh and when does the sprint to 2012 start? Luckily we have a Quebec election to fill our time up with for now.
This Week’s Personal Finance Highlights
- Michael James showed his artistic side giving us a graphical rendition of Market Timing in Pictures that i is missing the Big Cajun Graph where the Sell is on the bottom and the buy is on the top (look at the pictures and you’ll understand that one).
- For my fellow bloggers who might use WordPress, TechCrunch posts this important warning about Fake WordPress Site Releasing Backdoor Code.
- Stats Canada mentions that there still are about the same number of Rural Folk in Canada (6 million) however due to the growth of Urban areas, the Rural folk are now a much lower percentage of the population.
- For we religious folk that might want to make a wager, a bookie in the U.K. has put odds at 4-1 that God Exists, I think I’d put a few quid on that.
- Finally the Canadian Capitalist and a few other bloggers have been looking at Manulife Income Plus: The High Cost of Peace of Mind. The N.C.F.B.A. met last night and there was the usual friendly banter but the discussion around this topic made me very concerned about what new tricks the financial services industry will pull out of their bag in the future? Read these posts carefully (Michael James has some data on it as well).