During a week where the federal government disclosed just how enormous the federal budget deficit will be, there were other topics written about by the Financial Blogging world, but this topic alone is a pretty hot topic.
What could that kind of “money printing” cause in the economy? Jon Chevreau points out in the U.S. it could mean Hyperinflation on the Zimbabwean scale (at least in Dr. Doom’s estimation at least).
Random Thoughts: Pensions?
- Michael James points out that not only is Nortel not paying severance and cutting their pension pay outs, they are reneging on work already done in Nortel Pensions and Paying in Advance.
- The Canadian Capitalist writes about the Major Changes in the Canada Pension Plan, which in some ways may be good, but are they?
- Preet at Where Does All My Money Go, points out there are hidden fees everywhere in Hard to Borrow Fees.
- Canadian Financial DIY writes about our aging population and points out that 80 is the new 65 , yikes!
- The Four Pillars celebrated their 2nd blog Birthday, good for them, keep up the good work.
- Larry MacDonald asks about Falling House Prices and Banks, another interesting topic.
- Riscario Insider points out even Billionaires Need Government support.
- Gail Vaz Oxlade points out that spending Cash may cut spending in Cash versus Credit .
Have a great weekend folks, hopefully the rain will stop, but maybe my grass needs it?