Given the incredibly low CPI this week it made me wonder if this will all last and in reflection on yesterday’s numbers, the answer is an emphatic NO! Gasoline prices in Ottawa are now steadily heading back to at least $1 per liter which means the drops we have seen in the past few months are gone for now and we will be living through another summer of price gouging. With food prices sky rocketing, I suspect we may have a huge CPI jump by June, which will then cause an interest rate spike to slow it down, just my opinion, but might be a good time to lock into your mortgage rate.
- CPI For April 2009 at 0.4% Wow which is astoundingly low.
- Garage Sale Tips on how to get rid of your stuff without getting more crap of your own
- Where are your Air Miles Going? You sure you are being credited for everything you deserve?
- Weekend Videos: Finance? Should you invest in Africa?
Financial Folk Speak
The bloggers this week had a varied topical view on things and here are some of the best of the week.
- Canadian Financial DIY points out that Inflation is Higher For Retirees, and given it looks like Inflation might be coming back real soon now, those about to retire should read this closely.
- Michael James comments on Conrad Black’s Free Roll at the Supreme Court, good luck Mr. C.
- Preet at Where Does All My Money Go writes about Real and Fake Billionaires, my favorite on the list is the last entry, Excellent…
- Canadian Capitalist does a review of Steadyhand Mutual Funds, sounds ok if that is how you want to invest.
- Larry MacDonald asks What About The Little Banks are they going to be allowed to fail?
- Nancy Zimmerman is Looking Forward to Turning 50 , me I just hope to have a job by then.
Looks like the summer may actually be here so enjoy the warm temperatures and go outside!