Remember that if you have enough Medical Expenses it might be worth mentioning them on your Federal Tax returns.
Last year was a bigger year for medical expenses for me because of the following:
- One of my daughters ruptured her ACL, and there was a fair amount of expenses there, including a brace and physio therapy.
- I needed physio therapy for my knee, due to me getting old
- My other daughter also had physio
- Some visits to Psychologist for testing for my kids
- Occupational Therapy for another kid
Now a great deal of this was covered under my health plan, but only up to 80% of the expense, and there was a limit to how much was paid for the year.
All of this adds up to over $7000 in expenses, but I must also then put in how much compensation I received from my Health insurance as well. It may add up to nothing, but it is something to think about.
How was I able to know this? I checked on my Quicken, of course (sorry for the blatant plug, but it is actually the case in this instance). I put it all into my TurboTax and it was easy enough to put it all in too (another blatant plug, but stay tuned there will be a giveaway coming too).