Talk About Debt
For some reason I jumped on to the Debt bandwagon (guess all this talk about Credit Limits in the U.S. got me all excited), and my rummaging through my archives did find a few old chestnuts that I enjoyed re-reading (and edit’ing a little too).
Some of these classics were:
- The Ted.com video about the cost of joint replacement especially in the older folks strikes close to home (given my mother has had both knees replaced, and I suspect I am heading in that direction as well).
- When I first started writing my mathematical background showed and I loved doing simple math tricks to drive poitns home and I did so with if I donated $25 a week. Now this one is from 6 years ago so the numbers may not be that correct any more, but you get the jist of what I am trying to say
- I show that I do have a nasty edge some times with my commentary in investing and he’s an expert pointing out the mistakes some on line analysts and prognostiactors have made over time.
- Keeping with the debt theme debt is like fat points out that debt and being overweight have so many parallels it is scarey.
- Initially I made the statement that debt reduction was like teenage sex but I have since modified that statement, but I do still stand by my analogy.
- I didn’t know I was that far in debt was not a self-commentary, more of an indictment of the excuse a lot of folks are using these days (i.e. claiming it is not their fault).
Enjoy the day and remember to subscribe to my Twitter feed as well. Remember to talk about debt.