October begins with continued distress in the global economy, and the markets going up and down like a roller coaster (someone must be making money on this). I hope this will all blow over, but my suspicions are it will get much more interesting before things get much better.
With October, we start thinking about Canadian Thanksgiving, which leads to Halowe’en, then American Thanksgiving and finally Christmas… CHRISTMAS HOLY COW!!!! Yikes.
This week I found a few old chestnuts in the archives:
- Not too long ago I wrote about Doomsday and Money and how the world coming to an end is an interesting financial problem.
- Early on I got very philosophical about The Credit Card and Society, and what credit cards used to be, and how they are part of our day to day lives now.
- In a Financial Rant: Ontario Emissions Tests I outline how I view the alleged emissions tests really are just another tax grab by the provincial government.
- If I was going to write that debt wasn’t your fault, I had to point out that tout C’est La Faute du Federal, after all the government is the root of all evil.
- Even though I don’t trust cash completely, I still do wonder When Did Cash Stop Being Money?
- I also had to bring up one of my favorite topics Free Banking , and how you shouldn’t be paying for your bank services.
- Finally let’s remember Some Things Charlie Sheen Taught Me About Money, given the Warlock seems to have calmed down a bit lately.