Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line
This seems obvious to me (and Vizzini), but be that as it may here are some great one line pieces of financial advice:
- A fool and his money are soon parted, is a true one line piece of advice, so why don’t fools listen?
- Never select your credit card solely on how cool the graphics are on the card, which says that the KISS Visa card may not be your best selection.
- Always pay with cash, useful advice, but also remember to know where your wallet is, especially if you are carrying a lot of cash
- Neither a borrower nor a lender be, Shakespeare was right on that one.
- Pay day loans are the devil’s own work, not sure if I can be any clearer on that one.
- Debt is a four letter word, again a standard message here, but a good one liner
- If you don’t understand it, don’t invest in it, again seems obvious, and if it is good enough for the Wizard of Omaha, it is good enough for you.
- Following the herd only gets your shoes covered in poop, think about that one.
There are many others, and I now challenge my readers to add more of these useful one liners (for finance please, or at least a finance theme) in the comments.