Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the lineVizzini (the Princess Bride)
This seems obvious to me (and Vizzini), but be that as it may here are some great one line pieces of financial advice:
- A fool and his money are soon parted, is a true one line piece of advice, so why don’t fools listen?
- Never select your credit card solely on how cool the graphics are on the card, which says that the KISS Visa card may not be your best selection.
- Always pay with cash, useful advice, but also remember to know where your wallet is, especially if you are carrying a lot of cash
- Neither a borrower nor a lender be, Shakespeare was right on that one.
- Pay day loans are the devil’s own work, not sure if I can be any clearer on that one.
- Debt is a four letter word, again a standard message here, but a good one liner
- If you don’t understand it, don’t invest in it, again seems obvious, and if it is good enough for the Wizard of Omaha, it is good enough for you.
- Following the herd only gets your shoes covered in poop, think about that one.
There are many others, and I now challenge my readers to add more of these useful one liners (for finance please, or at least a finance theme) in the comments.