Yes, it is Movember again for those who wish to show support for Prostate Cancer (and other cancers), grow yourself a mustache, and maybe get some sponsors for it. Think of it, you don’t shave and you have a good reason for it. Mrs. C8j points out that this is to support folks like me (who have prostate issues), so I should shave. Mrs. C8j is a party pooper sometimes, that is for sure.
Our excitement on Halloween was L’il C8j having a great time trick or treating until he bit down on one of his glow sticks. Needless to say there was much rushing around, rinsing out of mouths, and washing of faces. He doesn’t seem any worse for wear, and luckily, he doesn’t seem to glow anymore, either. Michael James helped out with this Halloween excitement too (i.e. he did the face washing), yes, sometimes Financial Bloggers are very useful!
Sandy the Superstorm wreaked havoc all over the bloody place, and it will cost one heck of a lot of money to clean up, luckily it has nothing to do with a climate change issue too. I love the zealotry on both sides of the global change arguments, it rivals abortion and creationism for colourful and vehement arguments. To those affected by the Monster storm (3 feet of snow in West Virginia, holy cow), our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Speaking of which, maybe it’s time to think about snow tires? Get those suckers on now, BEFORE the first snowstorm.
Lots of winds blowing hard around me, but hopefully not too much hot air being blown by me in some of my posts this week. My site has been banned from one social media site after by bucket list post of last week, evidently a f*cket list is something very specific (who knew):
- Frankenstorms, #ThatsANoNo and Final #ZombieTweets helped put the spotlight on some of my favorite posts from my archives.
- RESP: The End Game continues on my RESP journey and what to do about the Student Loans at the end of the journey.
- There are No Dumb Financial Questions but there are some amazingly dumb financial answers out there too
- Financial Skeletons in the Closet? If you do, you had better come clean with your loved ones, or things are going to get bad, quickly.
- Why is it Taking So Long (Debt reduction) points out that the rates of reduction in both of these hard tasks, are quite different especially near the end of the process.
- The R-word, Bayonets, Horses and Friday #Shoutouts Lots of helpful sound bites this week after the final U.S. Presidential debates, however, a disturbing one from the “Queen of Mean” herself Ann Coulter.
Links for the Week
It was a dark and stormy week this week, that is for sure, but hopefully our favorite authors can be a shining beacon of light for all of us:
Top Stories of the Week of October 31st
Michael James defends the old fashioned way of making money in the stock market.
The Blunt Bean Counter asks that interesting financial/philosophical question, it’s a 2 parter too!
One of my favorite passive investing methods has a status report (I do use this portfolio for one of my RRSPs) from the Canadian Capitalist
Nice rant from My Own Advisor, at least in the title. Do you have a Will? Why not you knucklehead?
From Mr. Money Mustache who hopefully is celebrating MOvember too!
Gail Vaz-Oxlade points out that some methods work for the young as well as for the old.
|Content No Longer available
Mike at Money.Smarts helps us understand the entire ETF jungle a bit more (and what to watch for).
Our intrepid consumer advocate Ellen Roseman gives some pointers how to survive one of THOSE vacations.
Frugal Trader points out some of the changes (for the worse) with what seemed to be one of the better cash back credit cards.
Preet points out in the Globe that the time to start your Christmas planning now!
Your advertisement here send an e-mail for information to bigcajunman at canajunfinances.com !