Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
A while ago, I received a cryptic letter about “changes to my TD Mutual Fund Account.” I could only find out by going into the bank and talking to a TD investing person. Through some “internet research,” I suspected it had to do with TD E-series Index funds. This research included:
- Those accounts only hold E-series funds in them.
- Boomer and Echo wrote something on line suspecting this
- Maybe I saw something on Facebook?
My suspicions were confirmed. I spoke to a rep with whom I had to reschedule my appointment. She confirmed with me the E-series Index Funds would no longer be “tradeable” in these accounts. This means:
- I could not buy any more of the TD E-series Index Funds in those accounts
- I cannot re-balance those accounts, by moving between these funds
- It would not be possible to do this at the Bank or Online either. Why online it is removed is bewildering.
So now I am moving my two accounts to TD Directline. I have had TD Mutual Fund accounts (and CT Mutual Fund accounts) for more than 27 years. Maybe I should have done this sooner.
TD E-series Done?
No, I can continue to buy them in my TD Directline accounts. There have always been issues dealing with E-series funds in my TD Mutual Fund Accounts. The Bank investment advisors make little or nothing from them, so there was little motivation to help.
Other TD E-series Funds Stories
- Risk Profiles and Rejected Orders one of the many times my Risk Profile with TD Mutual Funds stopped me. I will not miss these, at all.
- Reversing Mutual Fund Purchases , no, really, this happened a bunch of times. Why didn’t I leave then?
- TD E-Series RESP Beartrap where I learned taking E-series funds out of an RESP is not simple.
- â€œIâ€™m an indexer. I donâ€™t care what the indexes did today!â€ , the reason why I use the E-series funds.
- My Four Best Investments these were all in TD Mutual Fund accounts, using E-series funds.
- What is Couch Potato Investing? an introduction to why I don’t buy individual stocks (any more).