Welcome to the Carnival of Money Stories, the End of Year and Pseudo Boxing Day Edition.
Boxing Day was actually on Saturday, but most of us get the Monday off from our work, thus I view today as Pseudo-Boxing Day.
Hopefully to counteract the orgy of post-Christmas shopping, I present a cavalcade of articles about Money (some think the root of all evil, but still something most of us think about every day of our lives) grouped by the Great Boxers of our time (yes I know Boxing Day has nothing to do with pugilism, but what do you want during my Christmas vacation?).
Muhammad Ali Section
These articles float like a butterfly and sting like a bee (good solid money talk)
- Jennifer Meyer presents ETFs vs. Mutual Funds: The Ultimate Guide posted at ETFdb.
- Canadian Capitalist presents 2009 Year-end financial deadlines posted at Canadian Capitalist.
- Rich Weber presents What Is Money? posted at mrpooper.
- KCLau presents The Important Lessons I Learned On Investment posted at KCLau’s Money Tips.
- Million Dollar Journey presents Bah Humbug! : 3 Ways to Be More Like Scrooge posted at Million Dollar Journey.
- Gail Vaz-Oxlad presents Of Eggs & Baskets posted at gailvazoxlade.com.
- Joe Plemon presents How to Purchase Long Term Care Insurance: Ten Great Tips posted at Personal Finance By The Book.
- Jeff Rose presents Suze Orman’s Last Cash Survival List posted at Jeff Rose.
- LeanLifeCoach presents What Men Don’t Know About Money posted at Eliminate The Muda!.
Rocky Marciano Section
Hard hitting these articles can also take a punch and will not go down no matter how hard you hit them (good advice on Money issues):
- David de Souza presents Tax Rebate when Leaving the Country - Tips and Advice posted at UK Tax Blog.
- Jimmy Hagans presents Definitive Guide To Preferred Stock ETF Investing posted at ETFdb.
- Preet presents The Elves Index posted at WhereDoesAllMyMoneyGo.com.
- The Smarter Wallet presents Managing Our Family Finances During A Jobless Recovery posted at The Smarter Wallet.
- J. Money presents What’s your biggest financial fear? posted at Budgets are Sexy.
- debt kid presents Debt Down, Confidence Up posted at Debtkid.
- David presents List of Credit Card Foreign Currency Transaction Fees posted at Credit Card Offers IQ.
Sugar Ray Robinson Section
Quick posts that are going to sting you if you aren’t watching closely (may not really be exactly about Money, but still quite interesting):
- Big Blue Pill Man presents Men’s Health posted at Canadian Personal Finance Blog.
- Michael James presents Sometimes Frugality can be Taken Too Far posted at Michael James on Money.
- J.D. Roth presents Start Saving For Next Year’s Christmas Today posted at Get Rich Slowly.
- Madeleine Begun Kane presents Taxing Verse posted at Mad Kane’s Humor Blog.
- Mrs Green presents Can a zero waste lifestyle save you money? posted at MY ZERO WASTE.
- FMF presents Free Money Finance: McDonald’s Turning Cheapskate posted at Free Money Finance.
- Bucksome presents Home Ownership: Selling Our House posted at Buck$ome Boomer’s Journey to Retirement.
- Darwin presents Study: Smart Investors MUCH Better Stock Pickers than Dumb Investors posted at Darwin’s Finance.
Rocky Balboa Section
Stories that are all heart, and give their all (the ones left I couldn’t group together, diverse topic come at you from everywhere):
- Super Saver presents First Bank Deposit posted at My Wealth Builder.
- Shawanda Greene presents 85% Savings on a Name Brand Product Purchase?! I’ve Outdone Myself. posted at You Have More Than You Think.
- Jeff Williamson presents Mutual Fund Investment Strategies posted at Inside Mutual Funds.
- FIRE Finance presents Americans Living Without Bank Accounts? posted at FIRE Finance.
- Evolution Of Wealth presents Universal Life Holes posted at Evolution of Wealth.
- Silicon Valley Blogger presents How To Buy Short Sale Real Estate posted at The Digerati Life.
- DR presents Is Ooma Free Home Service A Scam? posted at The Dough Roller.
- Frank Goley presents More Tech Tools to Increase Business Productivity posted at Business Success Strategies.
That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of carnival of money stories 2 using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.