Another week in May the year of our Lord 2005 ends and what have we found out?
- I should divorce my wife for tax reasons? My wife wants to know when this might happen and she claims the bed as hers (that’s worrying).
- There are no new taxes in the budget but we still aren’t sure what the $2M for Democratic Renewal Secretariat (maybe it’s for a racehorse). Oh, and Ontario pays $9.8B to service its debt.
- I have a nice credit rating (according to my credit report), that cost me $20 to see (better than bad credit, I guess) (no not Fico Report, we haven’t got that in Canada)
- Lowering or canceling credit cards is a real “bear” to do, but is important to fight identity theft.
- CIBC doesn’t like taking charges off your credit card
- Paying bi-weekly bills gives you bill vacations and helps pay down debt.
Yes, another interesting week. In the coming weeks you will hear me rant about the price of:
- Replacing a roof on your house
- Replacing the furnace and A/C in your house
- Finishing a basement
- How it ISN’T cheaper to just buy a new house instead of doing those previous three things.