Yup, the real end of year is almost here, given the last real business day is December 29th, 2011 (you know, Friday), have you got all of the things done you needed to get done for the End of 2011?
What kind of things do I mean?
- Taxes if you pay quarterly or monthly for one thing, pay them first. If you haven’t sent in your taxes for 2010, maybe it’s time to start thinking about doing that soon as well?
- RESP contribution, they bursaries tend to be paid quarterly, but it is still important to get as much out of this system as you can. Tuition fees are not going to be dropping any time soon!
- RRSP contribution, yes, I know you can wait until February 29th, but you could make one now too, and you’d have two months of growth?
- Charitable donation, better get those in right now, for it to count for your taxes. Having worked on the collection at my Church there is a significant amount of money that appears this last week of December, but get it in soon.
- RDSP contribution, yes this has an over all maximum, but then again, the sooner the money is in place, the longer it has to grow.
- Tax loss selling? Too darn late for that one, the deadline for that was December 24th.