Now remember this is a historic view of the 2008 Election (Federal that is). Also when Google turned 10 years old, wild times.
Yup, time for another election folks, whoopee!! Who will come out on top? I don’t care, whoever it is, get the heck out of my bedroom and my wallet (to paraphrase Pierre Elliot Trudeau).
Stephen Harper dropped by the Governor Generals place at 9:00 AM on a Sunday (wonder if she was dressed by then) and the government was dissolved. All this and the poor woman couldn’t go to the Paralympics Games opening ceremonies.
My wife and I will be playing the fun game: “How many political party signs can we get on our front lawn”, you should try as well, if someone sends me a picture of their lawn with GENUINE political signs on their front lawn, I will post them (I promise).
The questions I will be asking anybody who shows up on my doorstep from any party:
- What is your party’s status on income sharing between spouses who are younger than 55 years old and don’t have pension income?
- How will your party help students attempting to not carry a crushing debt load when they graduate from University?
- Will your party bring in stronger controls of Pay Day Loan companies?
- If I vote for your party, will you help me find a job in the government? Really, come on, give an unemployed guy a break!
- What is your party’s stance on the Federal Government standardizing their databases so that Canadians are not “tracked” in more than 10 different Federal government databases?
Any other questions folks might want to ask, add them in, I’ll post the best of on Friday.
Google Turns 10!
Yup 10 years ago on Sunday Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin and now it is worth over $150 Billion dollars. How? They went where the money is, advertising, and they also innovated when others were attempting to only survive, way to go guys, now can you please increase my Adsense payments?
Another company that might have been good to buy, even after the RIDICULOUS IPO price (who knew?).
Great 5 questions! And similar to your fifth, I’d ask about the ethics of bio-scanning anything. I’m a lefty, but that completely un-nerves me. Stay out of my retinas, government and everyone else!
I’m surprised they’re not letting the Green party into the debate – I think they’re getting to the point where they’ve got enough national support.
I should start pondering what to ask the canvassers when they knock on the door.
>>What is your party’s stance on the Federal Government standardizing their databases so that Canadians are not “tracked” in more than 10 different Federal government databases?
Acutally, remember the “big brother” affair of 2000? This a privacy issue…they forced those databases that were centralized to disassociate and remain seperate…sigh.