… The Recession is Over?
To paraphrase from a John Lennon song (Merry Christmas the War is Over). Mark Carney claimed:
“We are on track for the recovery both in Canada and globally,”
Really? Indications are this might be coming true, but it might be a little preliminary to be making any global statements about how we are through the worst of this, as there are many financial landmines out there that could de-rail a recovery, but again I applaud his optimism, let us hope it is well founded.
For this momentous week when the recovery started (he said with a certain amount of sarcasm), let’s see what the Financial Blogging Community has been talking about:
- Preet at WhereDoesAllMyMoneyGo is celebrating his second anniversary with a Massive Giveaway Contest, which I am getting into, by making this link. I like free stuff and I think I deserve it too!
- Michael James points out that the phrase “Close only counts in hand grenades and thermonuclear devices”, can also be extended to Lottery Winnings.
- Larry MacDonald reviews an interesting sounding book in Contrarian Finances and Investing, always interesting if you take a contrary position to the mob.
- Canadian Financial DIY talks about Inflation For Retired Canadians – Some Surprises, and he knows of what he speaks being one (almost).
- Investorgeeks blisters Microsoft and Ballmer in specific in Ballmer You are Fired!
Have a great weekend, here in Ottawa more rain, but at least my grass is green, or maybe it’s seaweed I can’t tell any more.
A bit late but thanks for the mention!
Thanks for the mention. Have a great weekend!