… The Recession is Over?
To paraphrase from a John Lennon song (Merry Christmas the War is Over). Mark Carney claimed:
“We are on track for the recovery both in Canada and globally,”
Really? Indications are this might be coming true, but it might be a little preliminary to be making any global statements about how we are through the worst of this, as there are many financial landmines out there that could de-rail a recovery. Still, again, I applaud his optimism; let us hope it is well-founded.
My Recovery Thoughts
- Random Thoughts: Canada Week that was a while ago.
- How Do We Use Time it is the only variable you can’t control.
- Is Costco Worth It? It has been for my family, just for the price of gas.
- Pope Down on Win at All Cost Financial Plans good for him.
- When does my Cellphone Contract End? always a good thing to know.
- Unemployment Numbers up a Bit for June 2009 a rough time for jobs.
- Now that is overspending only governments can get away with this.
- Inflation down 0.3% for June 2009 which was good news.
- Stopping What Should Happen is not as easy as it reads.
- Fight For Your $10 A Case Study no amount is too little to argue about.
- Interest Rate Hovers July 2009 hovering at historically low levels.
- The Library and Video Games? The library is your frugal friend.
For this momentous week when the recovery started (he said with a certain amount of sarcasm), let’s see what the Financial Blogging Community has been talking about:
- Preet at WhereDoesAllMyMoneyGo is celebrating his second anniversary with a Massive Giveaway Contest, which I am getting into, by making this link. I like free stuff and I think I deserve it too!
- Michael James points out that the phrase “Close only counts in hand grenades and thermonuclear devices”, can also be extended to Lottery Winnings.
- Larry MacDonald reviews an interesting sounding book in Contrarian Finances and Investing, always interesting if you take a contrary position to the mob.
- Canadian Financial DIY talks about Inflation For Retired Canadians – Some Surprises, and he knows of what he speaks being one (almost).
Have a great weekend, here in Ottawa more rain, but at least my grass is green, or maybe it’s seaweed I can’t tell any more.