An interesting week with conflicting data coming out about whether the Recession/Financial Apocalypse is “over”, “nearly over” or we are being fooled and it will come back soon. The stock market certainly seems to have recovered and one good quote I read this week said (and I paraphrase), “Fear has given way to Greed again”, which may mean it’s time to get out of the Market again, because when Greedy people get into the market, things get very unstable. We shall see what this all really means, and whether it is real, or simply created by all the money Government has rammed into the economy (which will have it’s own ramifications later).
Financial Quips for the Week
- Michael James showed how heartless he is in his article “Nothing is More Important Than Your Family“, where he refuses to protect them from his untimely demise (OK he points out how crappy some insurance policies are, but I had you going there for a little while).
- Canadian Financial DIY wonders about the Economic Recovery After the Crisis: How Long and Lasting effects, isn’t it great for financial bloggers we can write when the economy goes in the crapper, and we can write about it when it recovers, it’s like we are bookies or something.
- The Canadian Capitalist wonders about Rogers new Local Television “Fee”, but we all know it is just another grab for cash, Rogers really isn’t making me a happy customer these days. Maybe it’s time to pull out my Rabbit Ears and chuck out cable!
- Larry MacDonald writes about the new Boy Band New Financial Bloggers on the Block, and their new smash hit… ok, he is just writing about new financial bloggers, but they can still dance!
- Another one of my favorite boy bands Preet at WhereDoesAllMyMoneyGo showed off his new Video Blog capabilities. He’s no Katy Perry, but it had a good beat and it was easy to dance to (nobody remember rate-a-record from American Bandstand? Guess I am showing my age).
- Nancy Zimmerman laments the death of a bank with Alas, poor Citizens Bank of Canada! What do you send to a Bank’s funeral?
I’ll be here all week, try the veal, good night!