OK, I am tired it’s been a long week at work, and for some odd reason there is a theme in my random thoughts postings and it has to do with Exchange Traded Fund (ETFs), and I do like a nice title. These cheap(er) versions of mutual funds or Index Funds have been getting a lot of press lately in the legitimate press and in the great financial blogosphere as well.
ETFs Are Evil
OK, I couldn’t resist again, I do actually own a few ETFs, if anyone is interested:
- The Canadian Capitalist continues the blasphemous commentary in his Top 5 Investment Deals where he mentions the Devil’s Spawn the ETF again!
- The Larry MacDonald another Financial Infidel speaks of these unholy investment vehicles in Mutual funds vs. ETFs, may he burn in hell for his sins against the Financial Industry!
- Then another Financial Demon Preet at WhereDoesAllMyMoneyGo has the audacity to write Hate Mail to the Mutual Fund Dealers Association, UNCLEAN I declare him (financially speaking).
- Michael James (known Financial Goblin) then asks the excellent question Why Do Economists Use a Bell Curve if it Doesn’t Apply? I always liked double bell curves, but then again, I also liked Poisson distributions as well.
- Rob Carrick had some excellent advice for Parents of kids going off to University who might live off campus, Get Renters Insurance, or risk the consequences (think of a kiddie pool full of half melted ice being turned over in your son’s 8th floor apartment, do you want to pay for that? EVIL!).
Long weekend ahead folks and I plan on enjoying it, so don’t look for any new posts until Tuesday.