Back in 2009, there was plenty of money stuff to write about. Liars in the world of tobacco? Thanksgiving? Employment Numbers? Hell yes, plenty of topics to write about.
They Lied? Qu’elle Surprise?!?
This week we learned that Imperial Tobacco is being accused (by the Canadian MedicalÂ Association Journal) of destroying reports that Imperial Tobacco had commissioned, whichÂ proved the danger of smoking (and the more significant threat of secondhand smoke). I only haveÂ one question, “Who is surprised by this allegation?”. Come on folks, the only surprisingÂ thing about this is that anyone is surprised (surprisingly speaking that is).
What Did I write ?
- A Loon with Muscles is a different kind of Canadian Dollar to most of us. Is this a good thing?
- Better Employment Numbers are always a good thing, especially after a global debt meltdown.
- Happy Thanksgiving Canada! a most wonderful time to eat turkey.
- Donâ€™t Burn the Turkey this Thanksgiving is a fun video from the National Film Board
Random Thoughts after Turkeys Die
After the Turkey Holocaust of this past weekend, we can set our sites on the subsequent majorÂ Poultry Obliteration, which is Christmas (or American Thanksgiving for those south ofÂ the border). What did the financial bloggers have to say on this short(er) week?
- Michael James asked What Follows a Lost Decade? the easy answer is, “I don’t know”, since predicting the future based on past performance is sometimes not as useful as you think.
- Larry MacDonald kibitz about Front-Running ETFs no not the leading ETFs, but is about traders who know of big purchases by ETFs and buy ahead of them, to have their purchases inflate in value. Gotta love the money industry where you can make money knowing what will happen.
- Riscario Insider asks How effective are Tax Auditors? the answer is, not as good as they should be (now there is a surprise).
- Gail Vaz-Oxlade asks, Normal or Nuts? I think there are a lot of nuts out there (not just cashews or hazelnuts either), are you a nut?
Enjoy the autumn, because Snow is in the air (is it cheaper to get snow tires in the statesÂ now?).
Thanks for the link!!
Thanks for link. Apparently many hedge funds beat the market by front running big orders.
Thanks for the mention. I’m hoping the coming decade matches past decades that follow periods with poor stock returns.
Me, I am just hoping to get flithy stinking rich, so I can retire and continue to drink other folks’ booze
Thanks big guy and have a lovely weekend.