Well after a day where my server was down, we are back up and running (for now). It didn’t have anything to do with Irene or the Earthquake (and it wasn’t Dick Cheney in his secret lair either), but that does seem to be the main topic for the weekend in the U.S. (in Canada it was Jack Layton’s funeral). Hopefully if you were effected by Irene it was not too bad, although it is quite spectacular seeing the power of the storm. We have had some bad storms and even a few tornadoes in the Ottawa area, it seems the Weather is a bigger news item these days.
Over the past week I went rummaging through my archives to make some interesting posts on The Twitter usually complimenting my post for the day:
- Given Irene’s wrath this past weekend Plan For Emergencies does still seem topical even today.
- With the new CPI numbers on Monday I figured I’d reminisce about how the CPI was a year ago, and was reminded that a year ago the HST was brought into play in Ontario, whoo hoo?
- Is it really OK to buy 50% off meat ? My answer is it should be but you should use it that day.
- I found an old rant about Gas being $1.02 a litre and how I can’t stand high gas prices, I can’t stand high gas prices especially since they are much higher now.
- My silly side came forward with the Financial Shock Collar, which might seem a little drastic, but it might actually cut discretionary spending by a ton.
- Einstein brought a lot of concepts forward in his life but the Rule of 72 is one idea which is essential in money growth.