Our friends in China will celebrate the year of the Dragon in a few weeks (January 23rd I believe), the year of the Water Dragon to be more precise. I have tried to find out what kind of year this may be in terms of the Chinese Zodiac, but I really didn’t find any useful information on-line (anyone who knows, please comment and help me out).
Winter continues on in Ottawa with plenty of changeable weather, snow and cold one day, rain and warmer the next. Will the world’s alleged longest skateway be open in time? Only time and the weather will tell, but it is an important part of Tourism in Ottawa, so let’s hope so. Speaking of ice, as I mentioned on Friday, the anniversary of the great ice storm of 1998 passed pretty quietly. I still remember that week or two, and it was quite scary for a lot of folks (no big worries for me or my family).
What tweets did I make in the past week? Pretty diverse group of recollections of my past 8 years of blogging:
- I remembered that last year I challenged other bloggers to a Financial Rants carnival so I posted Personal Finance Rants: The 2010 Version which had some good venom running through it.
- Given my loathing of Resolutions, my article Merry New Year! It all starts again… seemed a good rehash of some older ideas too.
- I am a big lover of point systems for Customer Retention so Points, Points, Points! was a good reprint outlining where I put my points.
- It seems that nothing much has changed in terms of CEO Accountability and given that there is a new uproar in the media about CEO salaries, this oldie outlines things haven’t changed much.
- Working on a legacy for my disabled son it was important to get RDSP (the completion of initial work) set up correctly.
- Even though I normally loath status reports, it is important to do something like this with your spouse to make sure everyone is in the know about the finances so Personal Finance: The Quarterly Status Report
- On Saturday I remembered my favorite quirky dude Cliff Stoll: Hacker Catcher and the video he did for Ted.com
Enjoy your Sunday!