Unfortunately Ottawa’s chance to show off as a great tourist spot in the winter seems to have fallen flat on its face, with the rain and ice storm during the NHL all-star weekend, meaning the focal point of the festivities the Rideau Canal (aka the world’s longest skating rink) is closed. Ottawa is actually a very nice place in the winter as well as the summer, just sometimes in the winter we get some really super-wonky weather as well (feel free to discuss whether you think it is global warming or whatever).
I notice my twitter count is hovering close to 1000, woo hoo! If you were reading it last week you’ll have noticed me go into my archives to find the following chestnuts:
- I always hate paying for insurance, but I’d hate even more to make claims on it thus Insurance: paying for something you never want to use
- With me reporting on Inflation to end 2011 I figured I’d go back a year and found gas fuels inflation for the end of 2010
- The current concept of what retirement is, will change and my statement retirement? Not likely for me may be flawed now, we shall see
- It is RRSP season and taxes are soon too so I found an oldie about Spousal RRSP: Epilogue and Correction
- With all the discussions on a Buffett Rule there was an interesting video in eat the rich and tax them too by Mr. Buffett
- It’s always easy to fall for The Seduction of Spending you must be diligent to not fall for the siren’s song of spending.
And for a video thought, watch this heart lifting (and heart rending) video about a special kid with autism and how she started to communicate one day:
Enjoy the remainder of your weekend.