This is a homogenized version of an expression I have picked up from Letterkenny Problems, and it is something that you can use in your financial life as well. So many times folks try to explain to you about financial things that you know are wrong, and this turn of phrase works for me.
Who Green-lit this financial Tom-F**kery ?
- Selling an 85 year old woman a leverage hedge fund? Who Green-lit this Tom-F**kery? Most likely the investment sales-douche who needed to make their commissions for that quarter, is my guess. “Give your head a shake“.
- You bought a Corolla and signed up for 7 year financing. Who Green-lit that Tom-F**kery ? The car is a good one, but you really want to amortize a $22,000 car over 7 years? If you can’t afford it in 4 years, you shouldn’t be buying it at all. “That’s a Hard No!“, on that contract.
- An acquaintance claims they have made a fortune on a pyramid-sales scheme, and wants you to join in and be rich like them. “You want to blow smoke, go have a dart“, don’t include me in your pyramidal sales stupidity. I buy my soap at the Wal-Mart.
- You plan on getting married so you ask the invitees for cash only as gifts to pay for the wedding, or worse you set up a GoFundMe page so that you can pay for it. “Oh I’m stomping the brakes, put that idea right through the f**king windshield.”
- The government allowing various firms to claw away more than 20% of someone’s disability tax credit? If they did it themselves it would have cost nothing, so what services do they offer that can add up to over $10K in fees? “What’s the nature of that, David Suzuki?”
Still Have Issues Squirrely Dan?
As you can see this turn of phrase is quite useful in your day-to-day financial dealings. I encourage folks to use it, if not just to see the reactions of the folks your saying it to. If you still have a problem, go have a Puppers.