Black Friday, Cyber Monday and then? Giving Tuesday, of course. At the end of the year and during the holiday season, many charities rely on getting the bulk of their funding from the public.
In Ottawa, many charities are still recovering from the great Phoenix Sideswipe, so giving is that much more important.
If you give during the year, thank you. If you are looking for a list of charities to give to, every city has a list. I will include at the end of this list a group of charities that I either support, or have supported in the past.
Remember the gift itself doesn’t have to be only cash, it can be securities, but it can also be your talents. Phone up the charity and ask if they need help. If you have a specific skill that you think can help, offer that skill, there are many ways to help out a Charity.
If you are volunteer, Thank You as well. Your good works are appreciated, even if you aren’t always told that. Maybe we should call Wednesday Thank You Volunteer Wednesday?
Giving Tuesday Charities
Here is a list of a few interesting charities in Ottawa you can help out with a donation:
- FAMSAC which is associated with my Church, but helps out in, “… Bayshore, Bells Corners, Crystal Beach, Craig Henry, Manordale, and Trend Village…” .
- Chez Doris is a woman’s shelter in Montreal that my late Father worked with after he retired.
- The Shepherds of Good Hope is a shelter that was across the street from my first office when I moved to Ottawa.
- The Community Ministries of Ottawa covers a number of groups that help out in Ottawa.
- Dreams Take Flight Ottawa help disabled and underprivileged children get a dream of a lifetime one-day trip to Disneyworld.