This is actually one of my most favorite NFB shorts : Faces and it used to play on the CBC a great deal, and thus I choose this as my short video for the weekend.
Nothing to do with Personal Finance or the Financial Apocalypse, but still a nifty piece of animation (from the 70’s).
How about another, it was so short, great for Canada Day:
Canada Vignettes: The Maple Leaf, Paul Bochner, provided by the National Film Board of Canada
- How do you make money? The NFB shows you how the mint does it.
- Do you remember the crash of ‘82? The NFB does. Here is a short, talking about the banking problems then.
- The October Crisis is one of Canadian history’s most critical moments, leading to the 1976 Quebec Election.
- How do you stop things that should happen from happening? NFB has some ideas.
- What happens when cars take over? Now that is a possibility.
- A special Mother’s Day message from the National Film Board.
- Do you understand the Vastness that is Canada? This NFB short will give you a glimpse.
- After the Axe is about someone getting laid off, which is close to my heart.
- Vimy Ridge some argue is when Canada became a nation, the NFB has a perspective on it.
- Who hasn’t felt apprehensive at the thought of starting high school?
- NFB does a Fire Prevention short? Why yes, they did.
- Christmas is a subject the NFB has a lot of shorts about. This one looks at both sides of the holiday.
- Do you want an old box for Christmas? An NFB animation might make you want this
- Toronto Boom Town, which grew even larger with the help of the 1976 Quebec election.
- The Faces montage is another amazing bit of animation.
- Here is hockey, or at least how Hockey was back in the 60’s!
- Paddle to the Sea is one of my favourite shorts from the NFB
- The NFB does create some of the most beautiful Christmas Cards.
- The Sweater is another of my favourite NFB shorts, a story that tugs at my heartstrings.