Written in the summer of 2009 when the Financial Apocalypse of 2008 might be finishing. It was, but we couldn’t be sure either.
An exciting week with conflicting data coming out about whether the Recession/Financial Apocalypse is “over”, “nearly over” or we are being fooled, and it will come back soon. The stock market has undoubtedly recovered and a quote that caught my attention this week stated (paraphrased), “Fear has given way to Greed again”. This suggests it might be time to consider exiting the market as the involvement of greedy individuals can create instability. We must keep a watchful eye to determine whether this trend is authentic or merely a consequence of the government injecting money into the economy, which could result in its own set of repercussions in the future.
My Crisis Stance on the Week
- Indications are Good and some Random Thoughts, good might be optimistic.
- Powered by Cow Plops? An interesting financial topic.
- High Tech Hand Me Downs & Back to School the most wonderful time of the year.
- Employment Insurance Claimants Up A Lot not good for 2009.
Financial Quips for the Week
- Michael James showed how heartless he is in his article “Nothing is More Important Than Your Family“, where he refuses to protect them from his untimely demise (OK he points out how crappy some insurance policies are, but I had you going there for a little while).
- Canadian Financial DIY wonders about the Economic Recovery After the Crisis: How Long and Lasting effects, isn’t it great for financial bloggers we can write when the economy goes in the crapper, and we can write about it when it recovers, it’s like we are bookies or something.
- Larry MacDonald writes about the new Boy Band New Financial Bloggers on the Block, and their smash hit… ok, he is just writing about new financial bloggers, but they can still dance!
- Another of my favorite boy bands Preet at WhereDoesAllMyMoneyGo showed off his new Video Blog capabilities. He’s no Katy Perry, but it had a good beat and it was easy to dance to (nobody remembers rate-a-record from American Bandstand? Guess I am showing my age).
I’ll be here all week, try the veal, good night!