Were you alive in October 1970? I was, and I lived through the October Crisis, and remember it, and since it is October, let’s remember this critical time in Canadian and Quebec history. Given that Mr. Cross was Trade Commissioner, this has a little bit to do with Finances. However, no, this isn’t really topical, but still an essential piece of Canadian history.
I remember this because I remember a school chum’s Dad was a Member of the Legislature, and when I went to a birthday party at their house, there was a machine gun on his front lawn and some large soldiers there as well.
- How do you make money? The NFB shows you how the mint does it.
- Do you remember the crash of ‘82? The NFB does. Here is a short, talking about the banking problems then.
- The October Crisis is one of Canadian history’s most critical moments, leading to the 1976 Quebec Election.
- Before the October Crisis you had Expo 67 which was a magical time in Montreal.
- How do you stop things that should happen from happening? NFB has some ideas.
- What happens when cars take over? Now that is a possibility.
- A special Mother’s Day message from the National Film Board.
- Do you understand the Vastness that is Canada? This NFB short will give you a glimpse.
- After the Axe is about someone getting laid off, which is close to my heart.
- Vimy Ridge some argue is when Canada became a nation, the NFB has a perspective on it.
- Who hasn’t felt apprehensive at the thought of starting high school?
- NFB does a Fire Prevention short? Why yes, they did.
- Christmas is a subject the NFB has a lot of shorts about. This one looks at both sides of the holiday.
- Do you want an old box for Christmas? An NFB animation might make you want this
- Toronto Boom Town, which grew even larger with the help of the 1976 Quebec election.
- The Faces montage is another amazing bit of animation.
- Here is hockey, or at least how Hockey was back in the 60’s!
- Paddle to the Sea is one of my favourite shorts from the NFB
- The NFB does create some of the most beautiful Christmas Cards.
- The Sweater is another of my favourite NFB shorts, a story that tugs at my heartstrings.