For those of you saying, “Christmas starts too early every year“, I agree, the actual start to the season (if you want to call it Christmas) should be Advent, and this past Sunday was the first Sunday in Advent, so Happy Advent! For those of you who wish to call this “The Holiday Season”, then start whenever you want, since that season seems to start in September.
Random Thoughts: Tiger by the tail
Given Tigers Woods’ dalliances and driving seems to have filled the news this week, I figured that title would work as well for me. Some ask, “How can he do that, he has so much money”, maybe it’s because he has so much money that he thinks he can do that, is the answer. Rich people make just as stupid decisions as we working poor, just they have a lot more money to make those decisions with (thus, they can be much more spectacular and exciting to read about).
- Michael James attempts to tackle the exciting question about Financial Advisor Self-Regulation and whether Fraud is really the problem here.
- Preet at WhereDoesAllMyMoneyGo gets into the festive Advent mood by offering a Reader Appreciation: iPod Touch Giveaway! go over and leave a comment to register.
- Canadian Capitalist points out The Institute for Financial Learning Ponzi Scheme which is just a sinister way to steal money from folks.
- Larry MacDonald points out another thing that happens during Advent, stock sell-offs where you might go Bargain Hunting and Tax-loss selling are there other bargains out there?
- Gail Vaz-Oxlade points out that there is no piety in being House Poor and she gives you some hints on how not to end up that way.
- The Four Pillars discusses the interesting points of Threats as a Negotiation Strategy , which is a methodology I have used in the past, but you must be willing to follow through with your bluff/threat or you may be very unhappy with the results.
- Promod at Riscario Insider gives a useful primer on What happens during a paramedical exam for life insurance his best point is act like you are on the witness stand and do NOT yak with the person doing the exam!
Enjoy the Advent season!
I feel sorry for his wife and kids… some people get away with it in private. His kids and wife have to live with it in public for years. Tiger needs to be put back in his cage!
Thanks a lot for the link.
The only thing I’m surprised is that people are shocked to hear Tiger had a string of affairs going. I mean it’s not as if pro athletes having affairs is unprecedented. We hear of it all the time.
Thanks for the mention!
Thanks Big Guy.
Thanks for the mention. It’s not often that I’m confident that I’m having a better weekend than Tiger Woods.
Yes, but he still makes more money in a day than I’ll make in 10 years… so I don’t feel that sorry for him either.