You have worked hard for your pay, and you deserve to do something for yourself with all that cash you earned, so here are some of the best things you can spoil yourself financially.
- Go to the Mall, find a Banking machine, and deposit that money into your savings account. If you don’t have any cash on you and all of your money is in your bank already, indulge by walking by that ATM (and get a special warm feeling of accomplishment if it is a “White ATM” which might have charged you $3.00 to withdraw your money).
- While you are strolling through the mall, if you see something you really want to buy in one of the stores, realize how many hours you would have to work to pay for that thing, and then bask in the warm glow of knowing how much money you would keep by not buying it, and then don’t buy it.
- As you pass the Restaurant that you love to eat at, remember that wonderful sensation that isn’t the ten kilos of fat. that you would have accumulated if you continued to eat their huge portions. Self-control is a wonderful feeling and you deserve the rapture you experience when you exert it. You also won’t need that gym membership, because you didn’t put on those extra 10 kilos.
- If you are at your computer, go to the BMW web site, and design your dream car, give it all the extras you have always wanted (include a heated coffee cup holder). Take in this glorious piece of Bavarian Auto Prowess, then make sure that your bus pass is up to date, and know that by not buying this gorgeous piece of auto porn, you will be able to make a down payment on a house.
- Find all of your credit card statements, and see how many you can pay off this month, and think of all the money you didn’t have to spend on high interest charges, because you are that person. You may use your credit cards, but you are also an Adult, and know that you should pay off your debts.
Doesn’t it make you feel special spoiling yourself like this? Are there any other decadent financial pampering you can do for yourself ?
Go straight to the library to borrow a new adventure, meet up with some buddies on the way there to have a glorious walk and chat. Talk to as many people and dogs on
your walk as you possibly can. Revel in whatever weather happens to be around you. Priceless. Loved the column today!
Sleep .. so satisfying.
Cost per hour of entertainment makes it pretty frugal.
AND you burn calories while doing it to. “… sleep per chance to dream …”
I believe that you’ve hit on all of the main money sink holes, at least for me. It’s amazing that we overlook all these items all the time. I guess the convenience and allure of new are things we simply can’t get past.
It seems our lives have built in “Candy at the Cash Register” temptations that we just can’t say NO! to.