I have written a fair amount about Autism and its financial effects on families (DTC, RDSP, and such), however I have also written more about being the Father of a child on the Spectrum as well.
- The new Ontario Autism Funding program looks to confusing, but as usual, my son is not likely to get any funding.
- Sometimes I really need to vent and with Autism and Advice I try to help folks who really do mean well, but end up not doing much good with their advice.
- A very interesting video from Ted Video: Temple Grandin the example that many point to about Autistic Folks finding their place.
- A new topic that I will be investigating further is Power of Attorney for Autistic Family Member? The answer is not as straight forward as you might think. You must do something about this for your loved one before they reach age of majority.
Autism Help Programs
I know of a few programs out there for parents as well, here are links to check out:
- The Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario has an Autism program you can read about THE AUTISM PROGRAM OF EASTERN ONTARIO
If you live in Nova Scotia near Wolfville, here is a great program that I can recommend for disabled kids (offered at Acadia U).
Index of RDSP Pages
Here are the RDSP Page List in case you got here and are wondering where to find out more information.
- The Registered Disability (RDSP) page, where you most likely came from. Check here for all things to do with RDSP and applying for it.
- How to Laying the Groundwork for an RDSP outlines the most difficult part of the process which is applying for a Disability Tax Credit (DTC).
- How to Open an RDSP account sounds simple, but it is fraught with landmines and hidden silliness. Open the most flexible investing account possible.
- Disability Tax Related Topics covers a wide scope of tax related ideas and concepts once your loved one has a Disability Tax Credit.
- Autism Specific Articles is a page dedicated specifically to the things I have learned about Autism, money and life.